16/19 Aprile 2018 – Vienna
The Transport Research Arena TRA is THE European research and technology biennial conference on transport and mobility. After a decade of successful editions around Europe the 7th TRA will take place in Vienna from 16 to 19 April 2018. The Call for Papers is open now until March 21 2017. Scientists, researchers and engineers are invited to submit their abstracts online.
Topics of TRA 2018 scientific and technical sessions:
- Environment and Energy Efficiency
- Vehicles & Vessels – Design, Development and Production
- Advanced Propulsion Systems
- Smart Urban Mobility & Logistics
- People Mobility – Systems and Services
- Freight Transport and Logistics
- Transport Infrastructure
- Connected and Automated Transport
- Digital Technologies for Transport
- Safe, Secure and Resilient Transport Systems
- Human Dimension in Transport
- Socio-Economics, Innovation and Policy
TRA 2018 is an international conference for researchers, scientists and engineers, companies and public authorities active in the field of transport and mobility. It welcomes policy makers and stakeholders framing research and transport policy.
Digitalisation and decarbonisation are high on the agenda of TRA 2018 and will be reflected throughout the conference, as the key dimensions expected to overhaul the transport system for all stakeholders. An important aim of TRA 2018 will be to imagine, sketch and investigate scenarios where ground-breaking digital and low-carbon technologies are deployed and impact on people, the transport system and the environment as we know it will be discussed.
Key focus areas will be:
- How digitalisation is transforming transport & mobility systems
- Decarbonisation & future growth – how to change our mobility system & remain competitive
- Shaping the new mobility landscape – a vision for transport & mobility for Europe
The AIT Austrian Institute of Technology is Austria’s largest non-university research institute. With its eight Centers, AIT regards itself as a highly specialised research and development partner for industry. Its researchers focus on the key infrastructure issues of the future: Energy, Health & Bioresources, Digital Safety & Security, Vision, Automation & Control, Mobility Systems, Low-Emission Transport, Technology Experience and Innovation Systems & Policy. Throughout the whole of Austria – in particular at the main locations Wien Tech Gate, Wien TECHbase, Wien Muthgasse, Seibersdorf, Wiener Neustadt, Ranshofen and Leoben – around 1,300 employees carry out research on the development of those tools, technologies and solutions that will keep Austria’s economy fit for the future in line with our motto “Tomorrow Today”.
For more information visit www.traconference.eu